Platinum 9 DISC

Monday, March 16, 2009

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'm an impatient person, so instead of waiting for my copy to arrive, I downloaded Platinum 9 DISC from the tracker. Here's a short review for the new songs in the album, with meaningless one word header to describe the songs.

01. SONGS
"Song"
I had a hard time trying to tell Hammy that SONGS is a song the other day, lol. Not a big fan of this song. Too much of effects added only make it sound techno-ish to me. Reina sounds great though.

03. Ame no Furanai Hoshi Dewa Aisenai Darou
"♪"
This song makes me wanna sing along. Album version > Aichan & Reina's solo lines version. I prefer this song to be sang by everyone rather then having solo lines for Aichan and Reina. It loses its meaning when its sang solo, other then for the couple of lines that are in Chinese. Most suitable for the last track in concerts.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
04. Take off is now!
"Sexy"
An awesome song which was performed in Resonant Live which totally stunned me. There are no limits to Aichan's sexiness. After repeating this song several times, I realized Reina somehow fits in the feel of the song too even though I thought it was a mistake to let her be in this song at first when I was watching the performance in Resonant Live.

06. Watashi no Miryoku ni Kizukanai Donkan na Hito
"Sugoi!"
I underestimated her I guess. The album version sounds way better then the one in Resonant Live.

07. Guruguru Jump
"Odd"
Like what the girls said, this song just pops out out of a sudden in the album. Compared to the other tracks of the album (With the exception of Mikan) its one that gives the cute feel. Koharu and JunLin go guru guru and melting everyone's hearts with their cute-ness. No need to feel painful if you are, Junjun. You're perfectly fine in the trio and can easily pull it off even though you're 21.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
09. Jounetsu no Kiss wo Hitotsu
"Gaki-san ♥"
I repeated it over and over again, but I just can't seem to be able to pull myself away from Gaki-san's voice. Despite being with the said-to-be best 2 vocalists of Morning Musume, Gaki-san totally outshined them and took advantage of her distinctive voice to give the song a sexy feel. Both Aichan and Reina were awesome too, but I well..I'm sick of hearing them sing, thanks to Tsunku's constant "The lead must be Reina/Aichan" theory.
I wonder how Take off is now! and Jounetsu no Kiss Hitotsu will sound like if Reina was replaced by Eri.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
10. It's You
"Epic"
I've been crazy over this song ever since it was played on Konusapi. Is that really Sayu? 5 star'd for the great improvement then! Somehow, I can already picture how the dance will look like.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
12. Kataomoi no Owari ni
"Therapy"
I'm not surprised why Sayu is hooked on this song. Its sweet and soothing. Eri sounds pleasant as usual, displaying what she had learned in these 6 years. Listening to this when I'm stressed out by school work will certainly heal me like the way it healed Sayu. My favorite song in this album of course.
(Honestly, I prefer「100kai no Kiss」to「Kataomoi no Owari ni」. The gentleness in Eri's 100kai no kiss performance warms the cockles of my heart, while「Kataomoi no Owari ni」 is..well, a little different.)

I have to admit that I'm a really positive person who can't seem to be able to see what's so bad about the album. I don't know much about music so I can't give much comments in terms of melody, vocals and etc. But I'm satisfied with this album and officially announce it as my favourite Morning Musume album now. Seems like 2009 will indeed be a good year.

Now lets look forward to Platinum 9 DISCO.
Do hope that there are new MC topics rather then just Junjun and Koharu faking an argument. I pretty much got sick of it since they lost the intensity in their arguments. And no more quizes for Rokkies. Its boring. If it weren't for SayuEri's amusing answers, the whole MC can be removed. Perhaps free talks like what Gokkies did for Resonant Live will be good.

~ I'm going to play 「Kataomoi no Owari ni」on repeat tonight ~